10 Best Customer Support Software for Telecom Services
Want to deliver great customer support?
Telecom companies are involved in the transfer of data and information over information-transmitting technologies.
Due to the nature of the business and the huge market telecom companies cater to, delivering superior and omnichannel customer service is a priority to avoid scattered and inconsistent customer support services.
One bad customer service misstep is enough to lose a customer— research by Zendesk states that 73% of consumers will switch to a competitor after multiple bad experiences.
Customer support software for telecom services can empower your team with accurate information to take on challenging responsibilities, such as customer retention and building customer relationships.
I have done the heavy lifting for you if you are overwhelmed by the many customer support software for telecom companies available in the market.
In this article, I will discuss the best customer support software to supercharge your telecom services and help you enhance customer satisfaction.
Let’s get started.
1. Glassix - Best overall customer support software for telecom services
2. Happyfox - Best all-in-one software for all-sized telecom businesses
3. HelpDesk - Best customer support solution for telecom IT teams
4. Customer.io - Best messaging tool for telecom services
5. Front - Best support software with an easy-to-use interface
How to Choose a Customer Support Software for Telecom Services
a) Consider the software’s ease of use
If you select a customer support software for your telecom company that is challenging to navigate, your employees may end up never using it, which defeats its purpose.
Check to ensure the software you choose has easy-to-navigate menus and a user-friendly interface, which will make it simpler for your team to grasp its functionalities within a short time.
b) Identify your business requirements
Identifying your business’s pain points and challenges when choosing a customer support software for your telecom company will help you know what solution your business needs.
For instance, to save time handling a large volume of customer requests, you should select a solution with automation features to help automate repetitive tasks.
c) Prioritize scalability and flexibility
Choose a software that can grow with your business, eliminating the need to purchase new advanced software to handle changing business requirements.
A scalable customer support software should offer tiers with advanced features such as customization tools to enable it to adapt and scale with your business.
d) Keep in mind integration capabilities
Having disjointed systems wastes a lot of time in switching between apps and sharing data. Select a customer support software that integrates seamlessly with your favorite tools.
Key integrations to consider for your telecom company, include CRM, billing software, and help desk to make it easy for your agents to deliver superior customer support.
e) Consider the software’s cost
The price of a customer support software should be the last consideration to make, but it remains essential when choosing a solution fit for your business.
Compare the prices of different vendors against the features they offer. While this will help you get the best out of your investment, it will also help you stay within your budget.
Glassix is the best customer support software for telecom companies for many reasons.
This software provides an all-in-one platform for the price of one, delivering the best omnichannel communication, conversational AI, and a shared inbox to streamline the communication process in your telecom company.
Glassix generative AI chatbot builder allows you to create sophisticated chatbots and deploy them to multiple platforms.
This way, you can automate responses to frequently asked questions and provide 24/7 assistance to your customers without compromising quality.
Additionally, the chatbots leverage the power of Glassix’s conversational AI, enabling them to deliver flexible responses with a human touch.
The shared inbox is among Glassix's differentiating factors. All your employees can easily collaborate on issues from one inbox to enhance creativity and innovation.
You can also route conversations, ensuring that messages intuitively find their way to the most qualified agent based on expertise and availability.
- Glassix’s shared inbox organizes and manages all communications from one place, saving you time and enhancing customer satisfaction.
- The software delivers instant messaging that empowers customers to respond to customers in real-time, allowing them to deliver help promptly.
- Glassix provides omnichannel communication services, allowing you to meet your customers wherever they are, whether it is on WhatsApp or Facebook, enabling you to assist efficiently.
- 30-day free trial
- Starting plan: Starter: $49 per agent/month
Glassix is designed with telecom companies in mind and, therefore, delivers essential tools, such as a shared inbox, omnichannel communication, and chatbot builder, to empower your agents to deliver enhanced customer support, and increase customer retention.
Happyfox provides a suite of customer support products.
If you are looking for the best customer support software for your telecom services with comprehensive features to redefine customer support, you don’t need to look any further.
Happyfox's robust tools enable you to manage communications through omnichannel services, exceed customer expectations, and enhance telecom subscriber retention.
Billing itself as a help desk software, Happyfox streamlines and organizes all your customer support operations into a single ticketing system, ensuring your support team is productive and efficient.
By managing customer information, your team can deliver contextual and personalized support to enhance customer retention and build loyalty.
Moreover, this software enables you to deliver more than just fast network and new devices— Happyfox’s analytic tools, surveys, and feedback enable you to gauge customer expectations and meet them in a timely manner.
- Happyfox has a simple and easy-to-use knowledge base that empowers your customer to self-help, helping you to save time and focus on more important issues.
- The software’s automation capabilities allow you to automate manual and repetitive tasks using smart rules, enabling you to enhance productivity and save time.
- Happyfox’s analytic tools are useful in providing information such as customer satisfaction and agent productivity, helping you identify areas that need improvement.
- No free trial
- Starting plan: Mighty: $29 per agent/mo
Happyfox is one of the best customer support software for telecom services as it offers several products, such as a help desk and service desk, to give you control over your customer support. However, you have to pay for the products separately to use them.
HelpDesk features and capabilities make it ideal for telecom IT teams.
It is designed to improve customer support through unified collaborations, effective workflows, and automation that help simplify your telecom team’s work.
Saving time on repetitive tasks can help your business grow.
HelpDesk enables you to reclaim time and shift attention to complex issues through canned responses that allow you to save responses and reuse them, automation that enables you to elevate your business, and bulk actions that enable your team to handle large-scale support handling tasks.
To further improve customer service, HelpDesk’s statuses— open, pending, on hold, solved and closed— help you stay on top of your tickets and differentiate support cases.
In addition to that, you can streamline communication with your telecom service customers through multiple channels without constantly switching. Live chats, chatbots, contact forms, and contact widgets facilitate communication.
- HelpDesk integrates seamlessly with several applications and APIs to improve customer support efficiency and increase productivity.
- The software has collaboration tools that allow you to create teams based on their departments and skills and place agents in roles they are comfortable in to enhance collaborations.
- HelpDesk’s powerful AI enhances customer experience by providing ticket summaries, adjusting your tone, and expanding your thoughts.
- Free 14-day trial
- Starting plan: Team plan: $34 per agent/month
Although HelpDesk does not offer a 30-day free trial like Glassix to give you enough time to explore its collaboration and ticketing features, its AI and automation features are handy in saving time and reducing costs.
Customer.io leverages customer data to supercharge customer support.
While most customer support software allows you to send messages and communicate with your telecom service customers, Customer.io uses customer data to send effective automated messages that can build loyalty, enhance customer retention, and boost conversions.
Besides that, the software ensures top-notch security of your data and delivers an always-available technical team to help you with troubleshooting.
Regarding features, Customer.io packs several, including in-app messaging, allowing you to automate all your campaign messages.
You can also combine in-app with emails, SMS, Webhooks, and Push for enhanced customer support.
Additionally, this software’s data pipeline gives your employees access to customer data, empowering them to make better decisions to elevate customer service productivity and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Customer.io has in-app surveys that gather customer feedback that helps you get a deeper understanding of user preferences and tailor your strategies for maximum impact.
- The software has a visual workflow builder that allows you to design workflows using drag-and-drop to create engaging customer experiences easily.
- Customer.io delivers customer data from across multiple sources to provide your agents with real-time data that power all your automated messaging.
- Free 30-day trial
- Starting plan: essentials: $100/month
Customer.io is a great tool that can elevate your telecom business through unified communications and automation. While its starting plan is expensive, it is not charged per agent but can accommodate 500 profiles. This can be a disadvantage for a small telecom business with few employees.
Front provides one of the most user-friendly support software.
The fact that Front delivers easy-to-use software without compromising on comprehensive features, makes it one of the great customer support software for telecom services.
It will not take your team much time to get a hang of the software as it is built with the familiarity of email. Still, it does much more than what email does.
Front enhances communication efficiency by centralizing all your communication channels into a single platform, giving you visibility and efficiency at scale.
Furthermore, your business can save time and money through automation features that enable you to set up routing rules that enable you to get messages to the right person, redefine your call center efficiency, and ensure customer satisfaction.
Other features worth mentioning include integration capabilities, knowledge base, and analytics.
- Front’s knowledge base empowers your agents and customers, allowing you to deliver assistance faster and reduce service costs without sacrificing quality.
- Front delivers powerful collaboration features such as a shared inbox and in-thread comments that empower your team to work together to deliver superior customer service.
- The software’s analytics tool measures agents’ performance and quality of customer service, enabling you to optimize productivity and enhance customer support.
- Offers a free trial
- Starting plan: $19/seat/mo
Front offers a flexible customer support solution catering to telecom businesses of all sizes with an easy-to-use interface that enables your customer support team to deliver top-tier customer support. However, its plans are priced higher compared to Glassix, which has plans favorable to small businesses.
Freshworks is an IT, customer support, and CRM software.
Like Glassix, this software also delivers a suite of products to improve customer support for telecom companies, from Freshdesk and Freshservice to Freshchat.
All these combined give you powerful omnichannel customer service software for conversational support and ticketing, supercharged with generative AI.
Likely its most outstanding feature - Freshworks AI-powered bots - can help you reduce resolution time while delivering instant and 24/7 assistance to your customers. This helps your telecom business save time and focus attention on important issues.
As if that is not enough, Freshworks offers Freddy Copilot, which empowers your team and superchargers productivity. Freddy Copilot is like a virtual assistant to your agents and can suggest responses, recommend actions, and summarize events.
In addition to that, Freshworks' analytic tool, Freddy Insights, provides actionable insight on performance, allowing you to create better strategies to improve customer support that enhance customer experience.
- Freshworks’ marketplace apps allow you to integrate the software with the tools you use every day to ensure efficiency and speedy resolution.
- The software has powerful AI capabilities that allow you to expedite and supercharge everything revolving around customer support, from conversations, tickets, and self-service.
- Freshdesk enables your telecom teams to collaborate on issues to come up with an effective solution and deliver superior customer support.
- 14-day free trial
- Starting plan: $35/agent/month
Freshworks customer support solution offers integration with third-party applications from its marketplace. However, it has fewer integrations compared to other customer support software we’ve already reviewed above.
LiveAgent delivers an all-in-one customer care solution.
If your telecom company is struggling to handle a large volume of customer support queries across multiple channels, LiveAgent is the best telecom help desk software to invest in.
The software allows you to connect to your customers on all channels by effortlessly merging emails, calls, chats, and social media into one unified interface— say hello to streamlined efficiency.
Additionally, LiveAgent has over 130 ticketing features and 200+ integrations that enable you to integrate the solution with your favorite tools.
For telecom businesses, phone calls can be the easiest way to provide personalized customer support.
LiveAgent provides unlimited call recordings, IVR, and agent availability management to boost the efficiency of your call center and achieve excellent customer service.
- LiveAgent’s rich knowledge base saves you a lot of time, allowing you to write knowledge base articles, guides, and how-tos straight from your dashboard to empower customers.
- This software offers a ticketing system that gathers all conversations across multiple channels and organizes them into tickets for easier and speedy resolution.
- LiveAgent has easy-to-deploy live chats that enable your customers to get real-time answers on their issues 24/7, enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Offers a 30-day free trial
- Starting plan: $15 per agent/month
LiveAgent is an affordable customer support software for telecom services providing essential features such as ticketing and live chats. However, its starting plan lacks features like automation and analytics, which are available in Glassix at the same cost.
LiveChat provides an effective communication platform.
Regardless of your telecom business’s size, this software enables you to deploy a live chat to any communication channel or website within a few seconds—it is that easy.
But it doesn’t stop there, with the right amount of automation, LiveChat fuels your customer support by letting you streamline agent productivity while you focus on boosting customer experience.
What can LiveChat do?
Well, a lot, but some of its strengths include providing instant responses to customer queries through automated greetings based on the customer's location and visited pages, and routing conversations to the right agents for better customer support.
LiveChat enables proactive responses by giving you a sneak peek of a customer’s message before they hit send. This gives you time to search for a canned response that will answer their question—how convenient!
- LiveChat gives you access to customer details to enable you to deliver a personalized customer experience, close more deals, and make customers feel valued.
- The software’s automatic routing enables you to route sales or customer support queries to the right team or agent who can deliver better assistance.
- LiveChat’s reports give you insight into your agents' performance and enable you to track progress to make better decisions and create optimized strategies.
- Offers a 14-day free trial
- Starting plan: $24 per agent/month
LiveChat is a decent choice in customer support software for telecom service providers looking for an effective live chat solution to provide instant effective customer support. However, in my experience, the software has limited functionality and does not fully qualify as a customer support software.
How can Richpanel empower your customer support agents?
Providing robust features to meet the intricate demands of telecom support from integration and automation to multi-channel communication and reporting and analytics, Richpanel guarantees to help you win more customers and retain those you already have.
Richpanel's automation features eliminate manual work such as handling spam and transactional emails.
The software's chatbot automation streamlines your inbox, efficiently manages social media queries, and ensures meticulous organization through auto-tagging requests.
Additionally, this software’s live chat works on all channels to increase the resolution rate and reduce the support ticket backlog.
Subscriptions are a huge part of telecom industries, and Richpanel understands that. This customer support solution gives your customers complete control over their subscriptions, allowing them to manage them directly from Richpanel’s self-service portal.
- Richpanel’s dynamic form field allows your agents to collect necessary input depending on the context, eliminating the need to send multiple follow-ups to customers.
- The software’s self-service portal empowers customers to get answers instantly without contacting support, allowing your agents to focus on important issues.
- Richpanel integrates well with third-party applications like WhatsApp and Instagram to facilitate smooth customer support operations that enhance customer experience.
- Offers a free trial
- Starting plan: Starter: $29 per user/month
While Richpanel has a plethora of features such as automation, AI, and integration capabilities that can boost human agent performance, the software is not designed particularly for telecom businesses like Glassix. Glassix is designed with telecom services in mind; hence it caters to the industry's needs better.
This software breaks down silos to enhance customer experience.
To deliver an unparalleled customer support experience, your teams need to work in unity and share data that can enhance productivity.
For starters, Sprinklr leverages data to give you a competitive edge. Its AI provides a better understanding of customers’ feedback and delivers actionable insight into your competitors' offerings and strategies to help you capitalize on unmet needs.
The information gathered by Sprinkle can be shared in any format with departments across your organization to fuel collaborative efforts.
In addition to that, Sprinkle’s proprietary AI gathers data from multiple sources and analyzes customer conversations across multiple channels, including voice calls, emails, and live chats in real time to identify their sentiments and intents.
Consequently, the AI engine can route the customer to the right support agent.
- Sprinklr’s live chat enables your agents to resolve customer support issues in real-time, reducing resolution time and making customers happy.
- Sprinklr allows you to build a self-service community where customers can get answers and collaborate with other users to find answers.
- The software’s AI-powered conversational IVR replaces rigid, impersonal IVR menus and enhances the customer calling experience.
- Offers a 30-day free trial
- Starting plan: $249 per seat/month
Sprinkle delivers a great customer support self-service portal that empowers customers to get answers without contacting support and reduces your agents’ workload. However, the starting plan is relatively expensive and not ideal for small telecom businesses.
Excellent customer support can enhance customer retention.
Customer support software equips your telecom company with essential tools to streamline communication, handle large volumes of requests, and reduce response time, thereby enabling you to deliver great telecom services and excellent customer service.
Actually, according to research by Forester, investing in a customer-first operation can yield up to a 700% ROI over 12 years, indicating the vital place of customer support software.
Picking the right customer support solution for your telecom company is key. Consider factors such as integration capabilities, automation features, and unified communication to help you choose.
Glassix, Happyfox, and HelpDesk offer great options. However, Glassix stands out as the best customer support software for telecom service because of its vertical nature.
It has features such as omnichannel communication designed to supercharge telecom companies.
Sign up for a Glassix 30-day free trial today and experience our chatbot and AI capabilities firsthand to learn how we can redefine customer experience for your telecommunication business in 2024.